This luxury and private falconry experience takes you on a journey into the fascinating world of falconry in this region and its cultural significant to Emiratis, including the Royal family.
Watch some of the best trained and most valuable falcons in the world fly to traditional lures and hi-tech drones. Falconry is strongly rooted in the cultural heritage of the United Arab Emirates and is still highly regarded in the region. Discover ancient and modern training techniques during a world-class falcon show with demonstrations of falcons flying and swooping in the skies in the heart of a Royal desert retreat. The setting is one of the most luxurious and exclusive camps in Dubai. Experience what it’s like to fly birds of prey to a glove in an interactive demonstration with hawks or owls.
Enjoy a wildlife drive in Range Rovers through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx and gazelles. Learn about the local fauna and flora while you traverse the majestic sand dunes of the Dubai desert. Visit a desert lake, which is sanctuary attracting migratory birds.
After the adventure, enjoy a delicious breakfast at the famous Al Maha, Desert Resort & Spa. Admire the beautiful desert views from the luxury terrace while you sip on coffee or fresh orange juice and enjoy a lavish breakfast fit for a King!
- Pick up in a Ranger Rover from Dubai hotels between 6:00am-7:00am.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf). There are photo opportunities with the fleet of vintage Land Rovers.
- Experience the most advanced and spectacular training techniques in falconry. Enjoy an interactive birds of prey demonstration with hawks or owls.
- Embark on a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a luxurious Range Rover.
- Visit an exclusive Royal lake that is also a bird sanctuary.
- Arrive at the famous Al Maha Resort for a full gourmet breakfast with buffet and al-la-carte options.
- Return to the hotel between 11:30am and 12:30pm.
- The pickup time is between 6:00am-7:00am returning 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Every guest receives a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes.
- Breakfast includes juice, tea, coffee, a buffet and al-la-carte breakfast choice.
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by a highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area is in a Range Rover.
- Not suitable for children as Al Maha does not permit children under 10 years old into the resort. If you would still like to do this Desert Safari with a child under the age of 10 years old, then we can offer a gourmet breakfast in an exclusive camp inside a Royal desert retreat. For private car bookings, please contact customer support.
- Bathrooms facilities available throughout the tour.
- We require a minimum of 12 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- The vehicle can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only (the system will show 4 guests due to allocation purposes).
- A confirmation with a precise pickup time will be sent to your email or phone before 6:00pm on the day before the Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
TRIPADVISOR HALL OF FAME 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards