Royal Falconry Training & Nature Safari
A splendid morning spent learning about falconry training in Dubai
Experience luxurious and private falconry adventure that takes you on a journey into the fascinating world of falcons and their cultural significance to the Emiratis and their heritage.
Watch in awe as the falcons swoop in the skies of the desert and a professional falconer showcases ancient and modern training techniques for hunting with falcons. Take part in the demonstration and have hawks, owls or falcons fly to your glove. The setting is one of the most exclusive and beautiful desert oasis in Dubai.
The experience gets elevated with a nature safari in a luxurious Land Rover Defender and a gourmet breakfast at the world-renowned Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa.
- Get picked up in a private Land Rover Defender between 05:30 AM and 06:30 AM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time on the evening before your desert safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Headscarf and a Stainless Steel Water Bottle. These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Partake in a private and interactive falconry demonstration set in a beautiful desert camp.
- Journey on a nature drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a luxurious Land Rover Defender.
- Visit a beautiful remote lake, which is also a bird sanctuary.
- Indulge in a gourmet breakfast at the world-famous Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa.
- Return to your hotel between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
- A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai is included in a private, air-conditioned Land Rover Defender.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and bring a hat/sunglasses and sun protection.
- As the desert can get quite warm, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter, we recommend bringing something warm to wear.
- Breakfast consists of a lavish buffet and includes juice, tea and coffee. Please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking so we can inform Al Maha.
- Not suitable for children as Al Maha does not permit children under ten into the resort. If you would still like to do the Conservation Drive with a child under the age of ten, we can offer an alternative.
- Bookings need to be made at least 12 hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to contact our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the gate and Al Maha.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
"We really enjoyed everything about the tour and it will always be a wonderful memory of our time in Dubai. Thank you Tato for being such a wonderful guide, and made the experience so lovely. Have already recommended to friends for their next trip to Dubai."
Fantastic Experience - the staff made our experience five stars!
We were picked up on time and welcomed by James 007 who was a fantastic host from start to finish. From our pick up we were drove to the desert where our morning started with traditional headwear. Then we were taken in the old fashioned Range Rover to the falconry show which was great, following this we had breakfast, rode the camels and then went onto our desert safari tour. All round great experience which was only made better by James 007!
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.