Experience the most awarded Desert Safari in Dubai in a private car with your own dedicated Conservation Guide. Embark on a wildlife drive in a private vintage Land Rover through the pristine Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Your knowledgeable Conservation Guide will introduce you to the desert’s biodiversity and part of Dubai’s cultural heritage.
Get up close to native wildlife like Arabian Oryx and gazelles. Enjoy spectacular photo opportunities in the sand dunes and at a Ghaf tree forest. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with animals and plant life.
Witness an impressive falcon demonstration led by a professional Falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Soak up the beauty of an Arabian sunset in the desert with a glass of sparkling juice.
Arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Go on a cultural journey to discover the rich traditions of Dubai’s heritage with demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Feast on a 4-course Arabic dinner with your group at your own table. Afterwards relax in our Arabic majlis area and try some shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you desire or just sit back and admire the starry Arabian night sky.
Enjoy more flexibility and exclusivity with this private car option. Get ready for an unforgettable adventure on this private Heritage Desert Safari!
- Private pick up from your requested location in Dubai between 2:30pm and 4:30pm
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in your private open-top vintage Land Rover with a Conservation Guide.
- Stop along the way to get beautiful photos in the sand dunes and visit a Ghaf tree forest.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon demonstration with sparkling juice.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp and receive a hospitable welcoming.
- Be entertained with live bread making, Arabic coffee making, camel rides and henna tattoos.
- Enjoy unlimited top-quality shisha in majlis under the starry Arabian sky.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
- Return to Dubai between 9:30pm and 11.30pm (depends on the season/sunset).
- This Desert Safari can be conducted in many languages. Please let us know ahead of time so that we can allocate you a Conservation Guide with your requested language skills.
- We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please let us know at the time of booking about any special dietary requirements.
- Operates Daily, 365 days a year.
- Includes Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you around noon on the day of the exact pick-up time. You will return to your hotel or private residence between 9:30pm and 11.30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each Guest to keep, and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. View Menu
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by a highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and natural environment of Dubai and the UAE.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- This private Heritage Desert Safari means that you and your group will have your own dedicated guide and private vintage Land Rover. You will also have your own private setup at dinner in a shared camp. To maintain the exclusive feel, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended to pregnant Guests within their third trimester.
- The Camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
TRIPADVISOR TRAVELLERS’ CHOICE WINNER
In addition to the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame 2019, this Heritage Desert Safari was voted as one of the top 3 experiences in the Middle East. Travellers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews collected over the year from travellers worldwide to showcase the top travel experiences.View all our awards