Go on a private Night Desert Safari in Dubai like no other in a vintage 1950’s Land Rover with a professional Conservation Guide and Astronomer.
After the sun has dropped and the temperature cools, see the nocturnal animals come to life. Explore the desert at night on a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and look for native wildlife like Arabian gazelles with torches. If you’re lucky, you may even spot the rare desert fox or the enchanting Desert eagle owl! Stop along the way to go on a nature walk with UV arachnid lights in search of the small desert creatures like scorpions, beetles and lizards.
Enjoy the tranquillity and coolness of the desert at night in contrast to the hot noisy city. Take in the fresh desert air and be amazed by the blanket of stars above you. Arrive at an authentic open-air Bedouin camp to spend the evening relaxing in Arabic Majlis with top-quality shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you like. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner with a choice of main dishes like grilled salmon and prawns, Australian filet steak and vegetable moussaka.
Go on a celestial voyage in a professional Astronomy session and learn about the stars of Arabia. Revel in the magic of star gazing as your private Astronomer recalls the early history of Astronomy and the impressive legacy of how the Bedouin relied on the stars for storytelling and navigation. Learn a few tips about Astrophotography and enjoy spectacular telescope views of mesmerising night sky objects including the mighty planet Jupiter and its four Galilean Moons, distant galaxies and star-forming nebula.
This exclusive Night Desert Safari and cosmic journey takes place in the heart of a private Royal desert retreat!
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 5:00pm and 6:30pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- Embark through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover spotting nocturnal wildlife.
- Walk through the dunes by torchlight on a hunt for scorpions and other desert creepy crawlies.
- Arrive at a torch-lit desert retreat.
- Enjoy a 3-course dinner at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local Royal family.
- Astronomy session with professional Astronomer and telescope.
- Return to the hotel between 10:00pm and 11:30pm.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Includes hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 5:00pm and 6:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the hotel between 10:00pm and 11:30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep, and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- Long pants and closed shoes are highly recommended. We also recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes lentil soup, fattoush salad, a choice between Australian Angus Steak, Vegetarian Moussaka, or Grilled Arabic Chicken, and dessert. We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. View Menu
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by a highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 3:00pm on the day of the Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards