Private Night Safari & Astronomy
A spectacular stargazing journey in the Dubai desert
The best way to learn about the Arabian night sky is by venturing into the desert on a private night safari, followed by an immersive astronomy session. Explore the desert after dark in a 1950s Land Rover, followed by a nocturnal eco-walk. All while your experienced Conservation Guide tells you more about the desert nightlife.
Relax in a traditional open-air Bedouin camp, smoke flavourful shisha and savour a delicious three-course dinner featuring Emirati dishes. The evening ends perfectly when a professional astronomer takes you on a journey through the galaxies and tells tales about the starry sky and how the Bedouin used it to find their way.
Should you wish to extend the night, you can opt for an overnight experience with a lavish breakfast or even an overnight adventure with a hot air balloon ride in the morning, followed by a gourmet breakfast.
- Get picked up in a private air-conditioned vehicle from Dubai between 05:00 PM and 06:30 PM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time on the afternoon of your desert safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (Headscarf, Stainless Steel Water Bottle and Bag). These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Embark on a private 60-minute nature safari in a vintage Land Rover.
- Venture on a nocturnal eco-walk with torches and try to spot creatures like sandfish, scorpions etc.
- Arrive at a torch-lit traditional Bedouin camp.
- Savour a delectable three-course dinner. View Menu.
- Partake in an immersive astronomy session with a professional astronomer and telescope.
- Return to the hotel between 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM, depending on the season. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
- Add-on to the Heritage Safari an Overnight Stay in traditional stone dwelling rooms, fully equipped with beds and comfortable bedding. Bathroom facilities are available at the camp on shared basis. Wake up the following morning to a delicious gourmet breakfast, served in the same Bedouin camp.
- Extend your desert experience with a spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight after your Overnight Stay. The overnight Bedouin camp is located only 15 minutes away from the hot air balloon take-off site. After the flight, you will return to the camp to enjoy a delicious breakfast before returning to the city.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai is included and will be in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- As the desert can get quite warm, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter, we recommend bringing something warm to wear.
- Bookings need to be made at least five hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to contact our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827.
- This safari includes a traditional dinner; however, please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies when booking. We can accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher-style, gluten-free.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the camp.
- The nature drive is not recommended for guests within their third-trimester pregnancy.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
This tour is fabulous! From A to Z everything was handled perfectly. The desert at night is an enchanting experience and one that shouldn’t be missed when you’re visiting Dubai. Our guide, Eddie, had great attention to detail and was fully engaged throughout the entire tour. He did an excellent job of explaining the history of the land where we were, pointing out where to look for wildlife, and teaching us about the constellations and planets visible in the night sky. The food was really great as well! We never felt rushed throughout the tour and were able to truly soak up the atmosphere - don’t miss out on this experience!!
So this was a meditation..perfectly organized experience. Starting with a comfy hotel pick-up from Downtown Dubai, with as many stops as wanted to see the sunset, some animals on the way itself when approaching, followed by adventurous night desert ride and walk while observing the nightlife (incl. scorpions glowing under the ultraviolet light!!), then getting to a camp to enjoy super-dinner, fireshow & stargazing with a telescope. Never saw so many colours in a desert sky. Got so much of valuable info about the nature, nightlife and the nightsky..as a universe-lover totally appreciated. Drop-off with a night city ride back perfectly wrapped-up the eve. Eddie, thanks so much to you & the team!
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.