Private Night Safari and Astronomy
A spectacular stargazing journey in the Dubai desert
The best way to learn about the Arabian night sky is by venturing into the desert on a private night safari, followed by an immersive astronomy session. Explore the desert after dark in a 1950s Land Rover, followed by a nocturnal eco-walk. All while your experienced Conservation Guide tells you more about the desert nightlife.
Relax in a peaceful oasis on Royal Desert Grounds, smoke flavourful shisha and savour a delicious three-course dinner featuring Emirati dishes. The evening ends perfectly when a professional astronomer takes you on a journey through the galaxies and tells tales about the starry sky and how the Bedouin used it to find their way.
Should you wish to extend the night, you can opt for a traditional overnight experience in authentic stone-dwelling rooms, followed by a lavish breakfast the following morning. You can also upgrade your experience with a sunrise hot air balloon ride after your overnight stay, before returning to the Heritage camp for breakfast.
- Get picked up in a private air-conditioned vehicle from Dubai between 05:00 PM and 06:30 PM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time on the afternoon of your desert safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (Headscarf, Stainless Steel Water Bottle and Bag). These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Embark on a private 60-minute nature safari in a vintage Land Rover.
- Venture on a nocturnal eco-walk with torches and try to spot creatures like sandfish, scorpions etc.
- Arrive at a peaceful oasis.
- Savour a delectable three-course dinner. View Menu.
- Partake in an immersive astronomy session with a professional astronomer and telescope.
- Return to the hotel between 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM, depending on the season. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
- Extend your desert experience by staying overnight in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows, sheets and a peaceful night's sleep. Awake to a gourmet breakfast.
- Enhance the experience even more with a spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight the next morning. The overnight Bedouin camp is located only 15 minutes away from the hot air balloon take-off site. After the flight, you will return to the camp to enjoy a delicious breakfast before returning to the city.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai is included and will be in a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies when booking. We can accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher-style, gluten-free.
- As the desert can get quite warm during the day all year round, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter (November to March), we recommend bringing something warm to wear for the evening.
- When planning for your overnight stay, please take into account that we are an eco-friendly desert opearator and this is an immersive nature experience. Although rare, there may be some harmless insects at our desert camps. Regular pest control are conducted at our premises, however, we strive to protect the desert ecosystem as much as possible.
- Large suitcases are not allowed on the Overnight Heritage Safari.
- Bookings need to be made at least five hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to contact our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the camp.
- The nature drive is not recommended for guests more than six months pregnant.
- Please take into account that we are an eco-friendly desert operator and this is an immersive nature experience. Although rare, there may be some harmless insects at our desert camps. Regular pest control are conducted at our premises, however, we strive to protect the desert ecosystem as much as possible.
- Large suitcases are not allowed on the Overnight Heritage Safari.
- Enjoy a restful speel with no sounds or lights to interrupt as the camp's power gets swithced off when the evening draws to an end. Your room is equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding.
- Ensure to wear clothes appropriate for the weather as there are no air-conditioning or heaters in the overnight rooms.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
This tour is fabulous! From A to Z everything was handled perfectly. The desert at night is an enchanting experience and one that shouldn’t be missed when you’re visiting Dubai. Our guide, Eddie, had great attention to detail and was fully engaged throughout the entire tour. He did an excellent job of explaining the history of the land where we were, pointing out where to look for wildlife, and teaching us about the constellations and planets visible in the night sky. The food was really great as well! We never felt rushed throughout the tour and were able to truly soak up the atmosphere - don’t miss out on this experience!!
So this was a meditation..perfectly organized experience. Starting with a comfy hotel pick-up from Downtown Dubai, with as many stops as wanted to see the sunset, some animals on the way itself when approaching, followed by adventurous night desert ride and walk while observing the nightlife (incl. scorpions glowing under the ultraviolet light!!), then getting to a camp to enjoy super-dinner, fireshow & stargazing with a telescope. Never saw so many colours in a desert sky. Got so much of valuable info about the nature, nightlife and the nightsky..as a universe-lover totally appreciated. Drop-off with a night city ride back perfectly wrapped-up the eve. Eddie, thanks so much to you & the team!
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.