Experience the most awarded Desert Safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the Dubai desert with a professional Conservation Guide.
Unlike any other Dubai Desert Safari, we will take you on a fascinating wildlife drive in 1950’s vintage Land Rovers. As the first motorised vehicles used in the Dubai desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic of Dubai’s heritage and venturing to unexplored territories.
Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities in the desert. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with the desert animals and plant life.
Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional Falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting as the backdrop over the sand dunes.
Afterwards, arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai’s heritage with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Feast on a 4-course dinner under the stars, afterwards relax in our Arabic Majilis area and try some shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you desire.
History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime Desert Safari in Dubai!
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained by traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
- Return to the Hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm (depends on the season/sunset).
- From the afternoon into the evening for around 7 hours.
- Includes Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the Hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. View Menu
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
- The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel Desert Safari.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 1:00pm on the day of the Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
TRIPADVISOR TRAVELLERS’ CHOICE WINNER
In addition to the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame 2019, this Heritage Desert Safari was voted as one of the top 3 experiences in the Middle East. Travellers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews collected over the year from travellers worldwide to showcase the top travel experiences.View all our awards