A Camel Desert Safari is the most traditional way to explore the Dubai desert. Traverse the desert on a traditional camel convoy and experience why nomadic Bedouin relied on these endearing animals. We follow strict animal welfare guidelines and only offer ethical Camel Safaris in Dubai.
Known as the ships of the desert due to the ease at which they elegantly stride across the desert sands, camels are the oldest modes of transport in the desert. Your 45-minute journey through the desert traces the footsteps of Bedouin travellers and leads you to a falcon show in the desert dunes. Experience a significant part of Emirati culture at a professional falcon show. Watch these cherished birds fly to a lure and reach full speeds up to 390km/h.
As the Arabian sun sets behind the dunes, sit back and relax taking in the stunning views of the desert. Get great photo opportunities with the falcons before heading to an authentic gently-lit Bedouin camp inside a private Royal desert retreat.
Spend the evening in a scene of Dubai as it was in the 1950s. Soak up the culture with fascinating activities like henna painting, live Arabic bread and coffee making, traditional performances and top-quality shisha (hubbly bubbly), in our traditionally built Bedouin camp. Feast on a 4-course dinner of Arabic cuisine and revel in the magic of this unique setting in the desert under the stars.
Get ready for a unique desert adventure on the most awarded Camel Desert Safari in Dubai!
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- Ride through the desert dunes on a 45-minute Camel Desert Safari.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show in the sand dunes.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained by traditional Henna tattoos, live bread making, Arabic coffee making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola.
- Return to the Hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm depends on the season/sunset.
- From the afternoon into the evening for around 7 hours.
- Includes Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the Hotel between 9:30pm and 11:30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep, and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February), we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. View Menu
- Bathroom facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- Children under 5 years old are not suitable for this tour due to the long camel ride. Please see our extensive list of Desert Safaris for other options.
- It is 2 guests per camel.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
- Due to health concerns, the activity is not recommended for pregnant guests, the elderly or those with back and neck problems.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 1:00pm on the day of the Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
TRIPADVISOR TRAVELLERS’ CHOICE WINNER
In addition to the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame 2019, this Camel Desert Safari was voted as one of the top 3 experiences in the Middle East. Travellers' Choice award winners were determined based on the millions of reviews collected over the year from travellers worldwide to showcase the top travel experiences.View all our awards