Bedouin Culture Safari
A fully immersive morning desert safari exploring the Bedouin culture
Immerse yourself in the ultimate cultural experience with this hands-on desert safari. See first-hand how the Bedouin lived and survived the desert – by camel and even by vintage Land Rover.
At a nomadic-inspired camp, you will meet with Bedouin storytellers and a friendly Saluki dog and falcon. Learn how our Emirati ancestors used to herd, hunt, and thrive by using their resources. Experience a traditional Emirati breakfast and join in authentic Bedouin performances.
This experiential morning is sure to give you insight into the rich culture and heritage of the United Arab Emirates and the people that made it the beautiful country it is.
- Get picked up from Dubai hotels between 05:30 AM and 07:00 AM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time the afternoon before your Safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Adventure Pack (Headscarf, Stainless Steel Water Bottle and Bag). These are included in each booking and can be taken home with you.
- Traverse the desert, like a true nomad, by camel to an authentic Bedouin village. The camel ride is 15 minutes long, and each camel can accommodate two guests.
- Explore a traditional village with Bedouin tents, cooking stations and farm animals.
- Get friendly with a Saluki dog and engage in a 25-minute falconry performance.
- Savour a traditional Emirati breakfast and learn how it’s prepared. View Menu.
- Listen to Bedouin storytellers and learn more about their rich heritage.
- Partake in a traditional dance performance with young locals.
- Embark on a nature Safari in a vintage Land Rover (60 minutes).
- Return to the hotel between 10:30 AM and 12:00 PM, depending on the season. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels is included and will be in a shared, air-conditioned vehicle (unless booked otherwise). We can pick you up from the nearest hotel if you live in a private residence unless a private car is booked.
- As the desert can get quite warm, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter, we recommend bringing something warm to wear.
- Bookings need to be made at least 13 hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to get in touch with our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827
- Children between the age of 5-11 years will be charged at a child’s rate.
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under five years old.
- A maximum of two people per camel is allowed.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the camp.
- The nature drive is not recommended for guests more than three months pregnant.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of ten guests.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
Sunrise In The Empty Quarter
Hosam picked us up at 6:30 am at The Ritz Carlton JBR and didn’t waste a minute. He was funny, personal and Historical. A great guide. We stopped by the camel race tracks on the way. Watched the sun come up over the desert #theemptyquarter and rode in a vintage land rover to our camels. Walked quietly thru the beauty to an “authentic” Bedouin camp. Where we were greeted and enjoyed a traditional breakfast and a falcon exhibit and history. The ride back was quiet and beautiful. Hosam’s family are bedouins and he shared his desert, his history and his heart with us. It was great. No dune bashing. We did not feel like rushed tourist but honored guests..
An Unforgettable Experience In The Desert
This tour was excellent and i would recommend this to anyone traveling through Dubai. Our guide, Abdul (of Algerian origin) was fantastic and shot the best video of me in the desert. He was so knowledgeable, friendly and helpful throughout the experience. My friend and i loved riding in the vintage Land Rover and the food was actually impressive. I would do another of Platinum Heritage’s tours next time i happen to be in Dubai.
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.