DAY 1 – VINTAGE LAND ROVER SAFARI AND OVERNIGHT CAMPING
Start your overnight experience with a pickup from your Dubai hotel to travel into the desert. Get greeted at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and get your Adventure welcome pack including your traditional Arabic headscarf.
Travel into the desert aboard your open-roof vintage Land Rover, a mode of transport used extensively in 1950’s desert expeditions. As you travel, listen to your Conservation Guide’s stories about Dubai’s past and present, as well as the many customs and traditions that you’ll experience throughout the evening.
Pose in the sand dunes for a photo as the sun goes down, and watch the UAE’s national bird – the falcon – during a falconry display. Make your way past the gently flickering flames from the lights that mark the entranceway to your authentic Bedouin Camp, and then hop out of your Land Rover to take a seat at your shared table. Before your meal starts, a range of cultural activities are demonstrated. Enjoy an Arabic coffee and sit back to watch dancers performing to traditional Emirati music, or perhaps get a henna tattoo, smoke a shisha pipe (Arabic water pipe), or even try the traditional mode of Bedouin transport — a camel. Then, all that’s left to do is to feast on your 4-course dinner under the stars. Like the activities at the camp, the dishes are mostly traditional Emirati specialties, combining flavors from the Middle East.
After your meal, sit around the bonfire and gaze up at the stars, try shisha if you like, and then make your way to your Arabic stone dwelling — complete with a comfortable mattress, pillows, and blanket — nestled inside the camp. Settle in and enjoy sleeping overnight in the heart of the desert!
DAY 2 – HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE
As you are only minutes from the Hot Air Balloon take-off site you can wake up later than passengers coming from Dubai. Once you arrive you will receive a safety briefing before climbing inside the balloon basket with the world’s most experienced Hot Air Balloon Company, Balloon Adventures Dubai. Feel your adrenaline race as your balloon drifts gently upward.
As you rise higher, marvel at the awesome sunrise views and hear interesting commentary from your pilot about the geology and wildlife of the protected Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation while you watch for roaming animals such as gazelle and camels.
After your approximately 1-hour flight, enjoy a smooth touchdown controlled by your pilot and step back onto solid ground.
If you wish, buy a professional video of your flight (own expense) so you can relive the experience at home. You will be driven to a private desert conservation reserve where you will have the chance to freshen up in clean, private bathrooms. Breakfast will be a scrumptious selection of delicacies such as hand-cut smoked salmon and caviar.
It is the perfect way to experience Dubai!
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show with sparkling juice.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained with traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides, and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government, certain activities within the itinerary such as Henna tattoo will not be available. For the latest Covid updates and itinerary inclusions, please feel free to contact us.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. View Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola.
- Relax in the majlis or sit by the atmospheric bonfire.
- Sleep in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling with a mattress and bedding.
- Transfer from overnight camp to balloon take-off site.
- Receive safety briefing at the take-off site.
- Approximately one-hour Hot Air Balloon ride.
- Transport back to camp for gourmet breakfast.
- Your gourmet breakfast includes smoked salmon, caviar, cold meats, fruit platter, bread selection, and free-range eggs including Eggs Benedict. View Menu
- Return to the hotel between 9:00 am and 10:00 am the next day.
- From the afternoon until approximately 10:00am the next day.
- Includes hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pick-up time is between 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the hotel between 9:00 am and 10:00 am.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep, and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and comfortable cool clothes. When staying overnight, we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- The hot air balloon take off site is 10-15 min away from the camp
- The balloon ride is approximately 1 hour in length
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course, and dessert. We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated.
- Breakfast includes smoked salmon, cold meats, eggs, caviar, fruit, bread, tea & coffee, and more.
- Shared bathroom facilities (no showers) a short walk from the rooms and available throughout the tour.
- Arabic stone rooms and bedding (mattress, sheets, blankets, and pillows) are included.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- Children under 5 years old are not suitable for this tour.
- Each room sleeps 5 people and the allocation of rooms is done per booking unless otherwise requested. Please let us know how many rooms you would like when you make the booking.
- A 400AED fee is applicable to single occupancy rooms.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- Physical fitness to be able to climb in and out of the hot air balloon basket is required.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the hot air balloon after their first trimester. If you are within your second trimester, you can still participate in the Overnight Desert Safari
- Guests with neck or back injuries are not recommended to participate in the hot air balloon ride.
- The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel Desert Safari.
- The camp is operated on solar power and therefore the lights are switched off when the last guest goes to sleep. Every guest is given a flashlight.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 1:00 pm on the day of the Desert Safari.
Desert Safari Highlights
5-star à la carte breakfast
5-star à la carte breakfast
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards