Extend your adventure with this Overnight Mountain and Desert Safari and stay overnight in the mountainous town of Hatta. For the intrepid types who are eager for more than one day of adventure, this one-night, full two-day experience is action packed with some of the best outdoor activities Dubai and the United Arab Emirates have to offer.
Begin day one with a private self-drive boat for a tour along Dubai’s iconic coastline before heading into the mountains to explore the lesser known outdoor spots in the United Arab Emirates. Experience the wadis (Arabic for valley) on a safari in a Classic Land Rover Defender, enjoy your favourite outdoor activities like trekking and fat-biking in the afternoon. Witness the magical Arabian sunset and enjoy a gently-lit barbecue dinner under the stars in the wadi surrounded by the Hajar mountains.
After breakfast on day two, visit Hatta Dam to take in the stunning views of the unique landscape from a kayak or on foot, if you prefer a gentle hike. Enjoy a buffet lunch at the JA Hatta Fort Hotel before heading to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve for the desert safari part of the experience. Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx, visit a remote desert lake, and enjoy a cultural journey into a glimpse of Dubai’s history. This experience showcases Emirati culture in a traditional Bedouin camp with an authentic Arabic dinner and cultural entertainment like drumming and camel rides.
This is a private and customisable experience. No two adventures are the same and we invite you to personalise it to your liking. This is a suggested itinerary but we are happy to alter it.
- Pick up at 9:30 am in a private Land Rover Defender from any location in Dubai, Sharjah, and Ajman. Pick up from the other emirates can be arranged.
- Drive your own HERO OdySea boat on a guided boat tour along Dubai’s iconic coastline. If you don’t want to drive your own boat, you can enjoy the experience from our speed boat.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Safari drive through the mountains and wadis (Arabic for valley) in off-road Land Rover Defender.
- Wadi activities: depending on your interests, you can spend time exploring the wadis hiking. At certain times of the year swimming in the wadis is also available. *optional cycling with Fat-Bikes upon request.
- Barbecue dinner at an exclusive setting in the wadi surrounded by mountains.
- After dinner head to the JA Hatta Fort Hotel, and stay overnight in this hidden gem in the heart of Hatta, a mountainous Arabic town near Dubai.
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30-9:30 am depending on how early you would like to start the next adventure.
- Visit Hatta Dam and enjoy the views of the striking teal water surrounded by the Hajar Mountains on a kayak or hiking. *optional cycling with fat-bikes or horse riding upon request.
- Enjoy lunch at a beautiful restaurant within the Heritage Village of Hatta.
- After breathing in the mountain air, head to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to start the desert safari.
- Embark on a wildlife drive and spot native animals like Arabian oryx and gazelles. Learn about desert fauna and flora.
- Watch a sunset falcon demonstration in the desert and hear stories about Bedouin traditions.
- Spend the evening in an authentic Bedouin camp in a Royal desert retreat and enjoy an authentic Arabic dinner and Emirati entertainment like drumming, henna, and camel rides.
- Return to your hotel between 9:30 and 11:30 pm.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Due to the nature of this experience, it is not suitable for children younger than 5 years old or pregnant women. Please have a look at an alternative Desert Safari.
- You will have a private Conservation Guide throughout the experience. All of our Conservation Guides are professionally trained and very knowledgeable about Dubai’s cultural heritage and natural environment.
- The drive out to the mountains is between 30-90 minutes depending on where the pick up is. The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve is a 1-hour drive from Dubai Downtown.
- The wadi activities in the itinerary are for approximately 2 hours. If you would like to cycle, please let us know before the experience so that we can bring the fat-bikes. The height of the bikes is from 1.50m which means they are not suitable for children.
- The duration of this experience is two full days and one overnight stay. It begins on the morning of day one at 9.30am and ends on the night of day two between 9.30 pm and 11.30pm.
- As weather and climate can change dependent on the tour date, we recommend you bring a hat, sunglasses, comfortable cool clothes, closed shoes, swimming attire, towel, sunscreen, and something warmer for evening time after sunset.
- We also provide vegetarian, vegan, kosher, and gluten-free meal options. Please inform us when booking on any dietary requirements so that we can accommodate you.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at different points along the way.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable water bottle for each guest, and a sheila/ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- A portion of your experience is contributed towards conservation in Dubai.
- Due to the nature of the tour, we may need to adjust certain aspects dependent on the off-road trail conditions.
- We require a minimum of 72 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- We only operate this tour from Sunday to Wednesday weekdays. It is not available on weekends
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone the day before date of tour.
- Optional use of vintage Land Rover during desert conservation drive – ‘subject to vehicle availability’
- So that you never feel overcrowded within our Desert Reserve, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps. Falcon show and Bedouin camp activities are on a shared basis.
OVERLAND SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards