Dubai is known for its glitz and glam and it really comes alive for New Year’s Eve. With record-breaking fireworks displays at the Burj Khalifa and spectacular parties in 5-star hotels, rooftop bars and fancy yachts, Dubai becomes one big, loud celebration for New Year’s Eve.
But what if this does not appeal to you? Are you looking to escape the expensive party scene and avoid the crowds this New Year’s Eve in Dubai? Platinum Heritage’s New Year’s Eve Desert Safari provides pleasant and unforgettable ways to see in 2020. The Dubai desert is a magical place, it is serene and as the sunsets over a backdrop of pristine sand dunes. Enjoy all the elements of our signature Heritage Desert Safari including a wildlife drive in vintage Land Rovers. As the sun sets watch a falconry demonstration while feasting on delectable canapes and chocolate covered strawberries.
Arrive to a scene of the famous Arabic hospitality as you enter a luxurious Bedouin camp where you are greeted the traditional way with Arabic coffee. Enjoy a platter of prawns before a 4 course Emirati dinner. Enjoy Arabic delicacies such as lentil soup, lamb ouzi and camel meat stew. Be entertained by traditional regional dances and get involved in an interactive Emirati drumming session. Learn about the night skies in an astronomy session, ride camels, get henna or simply gaze up at the amazing canopy of stars as you enjoy shisha.
In the true spirit of New Year’s Eve entertainment, we have a spectacular Flaming Sands of Arabia fire show. Countdown to 2019 and see the fireworks of Dubai in the distance light up the night sky. Win prizes worth over $2500 such as hot air balloon rides on the night. As a special thank you for spending the New Year’s Eve with us we will give all guests a gift of a personalised commemorative 22k gold coin.
- Receive a complimentary Adventure Pack and 22k Gold NYE 2018 Commemorative Coin.
- Pick up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 3:00pm.
- Wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a vintage Land Rover.
- Sunset falcon show with sparkling date juice and gourmet canapes.
- Arrival at the authentic Bedouin camp and enjoy an impressive prawn platter.
- Henna tattoos, live bread making, Arabic coffee making and aromatic shisha pipes available.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu.
- Cultural Emirati entertainment performances.
- Camel rides (since it is after dark, for the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area near the camp. For longer camel rides please see our Camel Desert Safari).
- Watch a spectacular fire show from Flaming Sands of Arabia.
- Return to the Hotel at approximately 01:30am.
- Only operating for New Year’s Eve.
- Includes Hotel pick up from urban Dubai area in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pick up time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the sunset time. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick up time. You will return to the Hotel between approximately 1:30am and 2:30am.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable water bottle and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- Every guest takes home a 22k gold commemorative gold coin.
- We recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Prawns and chocolate covered strawberries will be served at sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert.
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the UAE.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate. A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 75 guests in our very spacious camps.
- Our New Year’s Eve offerings book out quickly every year, so we recommend securing your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended to pregnant Guests within their third trimester.
- The Camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel New Year’s Eve Desert Safari.