For the ultimate outdoor adventure in Dubai and the UAE, we introduce the Multi-Day Mountain and Desert Safari. This is the most customisable and personalised experience in our collections. We have designed a suggested itinerary but we encourage our multi-day explorers to tailor it according to the parts which excite them most. You have three days and two nights to head off the beaten track and experience the best parts of the UAE’s distinctive nature and outdoor activities.
Drive your own boat along Dubai’s iconic coastline, explore the mountains and wadis on a safari in the Classic Land Rover Defender, experience Dubai’s pristine desert conservation reserve on a wildlife drive, visit remote desert lakes including the Love Lakes, enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, cycling and kayaking and much more.
This Multi-Day Mountain and Desert Safari takes dining in nature to a whole new level with a barbecue in the mountains, an Arabic feast served in a Bedouin camp, coastal picnic and gourmet breakfast served in the desert. Our guests will also enjoy dining at some famous resorts in the UAE. The multi-day element of this itinerary is made possible with an overnight stay in comfortable accommodation in the mountainous town, Hatta on the first night and authentic Arabic stone dwellings in a Bedouin desert camp on the second night.
The HERO OdySea boat tour included in this Multi-Day Mountain and Desert Safari with the optional addition of a sunrise Hot Air Balloon flight makes this adventure quite possibly the only sea, mountain, desert and sky safari in the world.
This is a private and customisable experience. No two adventures are the same and we invite you to personalise it to your liking. This is a suggested itinerary but we are happy to alter it.
- Pick up at 9:30am in a private Land Rover Defender from any location in Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman. Pick up from the other emirates can be arranged.
- Drive your own HERO OdySea boat on a guided boat tour along Dubai’s iconic coastline. If you don’t want to drive your own boat, you can enjoy the experience from our speed boat.
- Picnic lunch.
- Safari drive through the mountains and wadis (Arabic for valley) in off-road Land Rover Defender.
- Wadi activities: depending on your interests, you can spend time exploring the wadis hiking or cycling with fat-bikes. At certain times of the year swimming in the wadis is also available.
- Barbecue dinner at an exclusive setting in the wadi surrounded by mountains.
- Breakfast will be served between 8:30-9:30am depending on how early you would like to start the next adventure.
- Visit Hatta Dam and enjoy the views of the striking teal water surrounded by the Hajar Mountains on a kayak.
- Enjoy a buffet lunch at the iconic JA Hatta Fort Hotel with spectacular mountain views.
- After breathing in the mountain air, head to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to start the desert safari.
- Embark on a wildlife drive and spot native animals like Arabian oryx and gazelles. Learn about the desert fauna and flora.
- Watch a sunset falcon demonstration in the desert and hear stories about Bedouin traditions.
- Spend the evening in an authentic Bedouin camp in a Royal desert retreat and enjoy an authentic Arabic dinner and Emirati entertainment like drumming, henna and camel rides.
- Stay overnight in the desert in authentic Arabic stone dwellings
- Wake up in the heart of a Royal desert retreat to enjoy a gourmet breakfast
- Visit a traditional camel market to witness the sacred role of camels in the Emirati heritage
- Visit the famous heart-shaped Love Lakes in the desert en route to a desert paradise, Bab Al Shams nestled in the dunes end the adventure with a buffet lunch.
- Return to your hotel after lunch.
- Due to the nature of this experience, it is not suitable for children younger than 5 years old or pregnant women. Please have a look at an alternative Desert Safari.
- You will have a private Conservation Guide throughout the experience. All of our Conservation Guides are professionally trained and very knowledgeable about Dubai’s cultural heritage and natural environment.
- The drive out to the mountains is between 30-90 minutes depending on where the pick up is. The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve is a 1-hour drive from Dubai Downtown.
- The wadi activities in the itinerary are for approximately 2 hours. If you would like to cycle, please let us know before the experience so that we can bring the fat-bikes. Guests need to be 1.50m tall to ride the bikes which means they are not suitable for children.
- The duration of this experience is three days and two night. It begins on the morning of day one at 9.30 am and ends after lunch of day three around 2.00pm.
- As weather and climate can change dependent on tour date, we recommend you bring hat, sunglasses, comfortable cool clothes, closed shoes, swimming attire, towel, sunscreen and something warmer for evening time after sunset.
- We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking on any dietary requirements so that we can accommodate you.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at different points along the way.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable water bottle for each guest and a sheila/ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- A portion of your experience is contributed towards conservation in Dubai.
- Due to the nature of the tour, we may need to adjust certain aspects dependent on the off-road trail conditions.
- We require a minimum of 72 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- We only operate this tour from Sunday to Tuesday weekdays. It is not available on weekends.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone the day before date of tour.
- Optional use of vintage Land Rover during desert conservation drive – ‘subject to vehicle availability’.
- So that you never feel overcrowded within our Desert Reserve, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps. Falcon show and Bedouin camp activities are on a shared basis.
OVERLAND SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards