For the intrepid explorers who prefer off-the-beaten-track adventures, this full day Mountain and Desert Safari takes you to some of the best outdoor gems in Dubai and the UAE. This overland safari is designed for the nature lovers, adventure seekers, outdoor enthusiasts and active types.
Explore the unique mountain ranges and iconic desert dunes of the United Arab Emirates in a Classic Land Rover Defender with your own private Conservation Guide. Enjoy activities like photography, hiking, fat-biking and swimming in the mountain wadis (Arabic for valley). Picnic in the great outdoors and take in stunning views of one of the Middle East’s most unique landscapes.
After discovering the mountains, head into the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to enjoy a wildlife drive through this pristine and protected area of Dubai. Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx and gazelles, learn about Dubai’s fauna and flora and hear fascinating stories about the desert’s earliest inhabitants, the nomadic Bedouin.
Witness a spectacular sunset falcon show in the desert and spend the evening experiencing a glimpse of Dubai’s heritage with cultural entertainment like Arabic coffee-making, an interactive drumming performance, henna painting and more. Enjoy an Arabic feast of traditional dishes and soak up the magic of the desert at night while dining under the stars of Arabia.
- Pick up at 10:00am in a private Land Rover Defender from any location in Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman. Pick up from the other emirates can be arranged.
- Safari drive through the mountains and wadis (Arabic for valley) in off-road Land Rover Defender.
- Picnic lunch in the mountains. The picnic includes sandwiches and fruit.
- Wadi activities: depending on your interests, you can spend time exploring the wadis hiking or cycling with fat-bikes. At certain times of the year swimming in the wadis is also available.
- After the mountain safari, head to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to start the desert safari.
- Embark on a wildlife drive and spot native animals like Arabian oryx and gazelles. Learn about the desert fauna and flora.
- Watch a sunset falcon demonstration in the desert and hear stories about Bedouin traditions.
- Spend the evening in an authentic Bedouin camp in a Royal desert retreat and enjoy an authentic Arabic dinner and Emirati entertainment like drumming, henna and camel rides.
- Return to your hotel between 9:30 and 11:30pm.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Due to the nature of this experience, it is not suitable for children younger than 5 years old or pregnant women. Please have a look at an alternative Desert Safari.
- You will have a private Conservation Guide throughout the experience. All of our Conservation Guides are professionally trained and very knowledgeable about Dubai’s cultural heritage and natural environment.
- The drive out to the mountains is between 30-90 minutes depending on where the pick up is. The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve is a 1-hour drive from Dubai Downtown.
- The wadi activities in the itinerary are for approximately 2 hours. If you would like to cycle, please let us know before the experience so that we can bring the fat-bikes. Guests need to be 1.50m tall to ride the bikes which means they are not suitable for children.
- The duration of this experience is full day, starting in the morning and ending in the evening after dinner.
- As weather and climate can change dependent on tour date, we recommend you bring hat, sunglasses, comfortable cool clothes, closed shoes, swimming attire, towel, sunscreen and something warmer for evening time after sunset.
- We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking on any dietary requirements so that we can accommodate you.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at different points along the way.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable water bottle for each guest and a sheila/ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- A portion of your experience is contributed towards conservation in Dubai.
- Due to the nature of the tour, we may need to adjust certain aspects dependent on the off-road trail conditions.
- We require a minimum of 24 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- We only operate this tour from Sunday to Wednesday weekdays. It is not available on weekends
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone the day before date of tour.
- Optional use of vintage Land Rover during desert conservation drive – ‘subject to vehicle availability’
- So that you never feel overcrowded within our Desert Reserve, we restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps. Falcon show and Bedouin camp activities are on a shared basis.
OVERLAND SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards