Mountain & Desert Safari
An off-the-beaten track journey exploring all corners of the UAE
Start your adventure heading to the mountains in your private Classic Land Rover Defender. Enjoy fun activities like cycling and trekking. Stop by scenic canyon corners for lunch and, depending on the season, refresh yourself in natural pools. End your day in the pristine desert, witnessing the Arabian sunset on a Heritage Desert Safari.
This itinerary is fully customisable. You can reach out to our experience consultants below to create your bespoke itinerary with your chosen add-ons.
- This itinerary is fully customisable. You can reach out to our experienced consultants below to create your bespoke itinerary with your chosen add-ons.
- A normal itinerary might look like this:
- Get picked up from any location in Dubai, Sharjah or Ajman around 10:00 AM. Pick up from other Emirates can also be arranged in a private classic Land Rover Defender. An exact pick-up time will be communicated to you via e-mail or phone the day before your adventure
- Embark on a safari drive through breathtaking mountains and wadis.
- Have a peaceful picnic for lunch in the mountains. Your picnic basket will include sandwiches and fresh fruit.
- Choose which activities you would like to partake in at the wadis. Choose between hiking, cycling or even swimming if the season allows.
- Drive to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to start your desert safari.
- On your nature drive you might spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx and gazelle. Learn about desert fauna and flora from your professional Conservation Guide. Subject to vehicle availability, you can choose to do this part of the journey in a vintage Land Rover.
- Watch a magnificent falcon show against the backdrop of an Arabian sunset.
- Spend the evening in an authentic Bedouin camp and savour an authentic Emirati dinner. Join in on traditional entertainment and choose to go on a short camel ride.
- Return to the city between 09:30 PM and 11:30 PM.
- The duration of your experience is a full day. It starts in the morning and ends in the evening after dinner.
- A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- You will have a private Conservation Guide throughout the experience, dedicated to making your journey unforgettable.
- You will receive an Adventure Pack (Headscarf, Stainless Steel Water Bottle and Bag) at the beginning of your journey. These are included in each booking and can be taken home with you.
- This tour is only operational from Sundays to Thursdays between 1st October and 15th May.
- Due to the nature of this experience, it’s not suitable for children younger than 5 years, or pregnant woman. Please have a look at an alternative Desert Safari.
- As the off-road trail conditions may vary depending on the weather, some aspects of the tour might need adujusting.
- If you would like to cycle, please inform us in advance so we can rent the bicycles in advance. The minimum height requirement to ride a bicycle is 1.5m (4’9’’)
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing and bring a hat/sunglasses and sun protection. We recommend bringing something warmer to wear in the evening.
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking so we can accommodate accordingly.
- Bookings need to be made at least 24 hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to contact our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827.
- Bathroom facilities are available at different points throughout your journey.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.