If you have a thirst for adventure but only have a few hours to spare, head out to the stunning Al Qudra Lakes to explore a hidden gem usually reserved for local Dubai residents. Meander through the beautiful network of lakes in your classic Land Rover Defender while your Conservation Guide points out the rare and wonderful wildlife who call this Conservation Reserve home. The area has 26 identified species of reptiles, 9 mammal species and 39 plant species and view flocks of between 300 and 500 flamingos and over 360 other bird species, of which 158 are migratory.
No visit to this Conservation Reserve would be complete without a walk around the iconic Love Lakes. With instagrammable moments at every turn, wander around the area at your leisure or escorted by your Guide.
After weaving your way back through the lakes, your Guide will head into the sand dunes to discover the natural wonders which have made Dubai famous. Along the way, you can try to spot a passing herd of gazelle.
Making your way to an oasis camp, nestled beside a private lake, a comfortable set-up inside a Bedouin camp will be waiting for you to relax under the stars, enjoy a barbecue dinner, try some shisha and enjoy a peaceful evening with your friends and family.
- Pick up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:40pm. Timings change according to sunset.
- Drive through the Al Qudra Lakes to spot animals and wildlife. Photo stops along the way.
- Walk through the iconic Love Lakes.
- Drive in a classic Land Rover Defender through the Dubai desert.
- Arrive at an authentic torch lit Bedouin camp beside a private lake.
- Enjoy a barbecue dinner including soup, salad, barbecue, hot and cold drinks.
- Enjoy shisha and relax under the stars
- From the afternoon into the evening for approximately 6 hours.
- You will have a private Conservation Guide throughout the experience. All of our Conservation Guides are professionally trained and very knowledgeable about Dubai’s cultural heritage and natural environment.
- Includes hotel pick-up from Dubai in shared, air-conditioned vehicles.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the Hotel between 8:30pm and 10:30pm.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking on any dietary requirements so that we can accommodate you.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at different points along the way.
- Due to the nature of the tour, we may need to adjust certain aspects dependent on the off-road trail conditions.
- We require a minimum of 4 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- We only operate this tour from Sunday to Wednesday weekdays. It is not available on weekends
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone the day before date of tour.
OVERLAND SAFARI HIGHLIGHTS
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards