A discovery of Dubai's desert fauna, flora and heritage
Embark on the most awarded desert safari in Dubai. Ideal for the whole family as this educational, yet fun desert safari is unique from others. Be a part of history and experience the desert like never before. Your professional Conservation Guide will take you on a nature safari through the Dubai Desert Conservation Drive while telling you all about the desert fauna and flora and how the Bedouin used to survive. Take in a magnificent Arabian sunset while watching a spectacular falconry performance, this is the ideal opportunity for sunset selfies for your family album. Ease into the evening with a delicious Emirati dinner with shared starters and hearty mains. Indulge in aromatic shisha and be entertained with traditional performances like Yola and Drumming. The whole family can join in on the festivities as you get invited to partake in the drumming.
Customize your tour by choosing how you want to explore the desert for your 60-minute safari. The Vintage Land Rover ensures a throwback to when the first vehicles were introduced to the UAE in the 1950s, feel the wind in your hair and take irreplaceable pictures in these classic cars. Feel like a true Bedouin from the past when choosing to traverse the desert on a camel safari. The so-called “ships of the desert” have been an integral part of the UAE’s heritage.
You also have the option to in traditional stone-dwelling rooms equipped with comfortable bedding. Upgrade your desert experience with a breathtaking sunrise hot air balloon flight, before returning to the heritage camp for a delicious gourmet breakfast.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 02:00 PM and 04:30 PM, depending on the season. We will inform you of the exact pick-up time around noon on the day of your desert safari.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and receive your Headscarf and a Stainless Steel Water Bottle. These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Embark on a 60-minute nature safari (choose between a Vintage Land Rover or Camel Caravan when booking).
- Marvel at a spectacular sunset falcon show against an Arabian sunset backdrop.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin Camp and receive a warm Arabic welcoming with coffee and dates.
- Enjoy live breadmaking, coffeemaking, camel rides and shisha.
- Indulge in a four-course traditional dinner. View Menu.
- Watch and partake in interactive Emirati performances like drumming and Yola.
- Return to the hotel between 09:30 PM and 11:30 PM, depending on the season. Your total experience will last approximately seven hours.
- Extend your desert experience by staying overnight in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling room. You will be provided with all the amenities like a comfortable bed, pillows, sheets and a peaceful night's sleep. Awake to a gourmet breakfast.
- Enhance the experience even more with a spectacular sunrise hot air balloon flight the next morning. The overnight Bedouin camp is located only 15 minutes away from the hot air balloon take-off site. After the flight, you will return to the camp to enjoy a delicious breakfast before returning to the city.
- A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels is included and will be in a shared, air-conditioned vehicle (unless booked otherwise). We can pick you up from the nearest hotel if you live in a private residence unless a private car is booked.
- As the desert can get quite warm during the day all year round, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter (November to March), we recommend bringing something warm to wear for the evening.
- Bookings need to be made at least three hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to get in touch with our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827
- Children between the age of 5-11 years will be charged at a child’s rate.
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under five years old.
- This safari includes a traditional dinner; however, please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies when booking. We can accommodate vegetarian, vegan, kosher-style, gluten-free.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the camp.
- The nature drive is not recommended for guests more than six months pregnant.
- Some vehicles can accommodate up to ten guests.
- We restrict numbers to 75-100 guests in our very spacious camps for our guests' comfort.
- For room allocation requests, please reach out to our Experience Consultants as rooms have different capacities and will be assigned automatically for group bookings.
- Please take into account that we are an eco-friendly desert operator and this is an immersive nature experience. Although rare, there may be some harmless insects at our desert camps. Regular pest control are conducted at our premises, however, we strive to protect the desert ecosystem as much as possible.
- If you booked a shared vehicle, we can accommodate one overnight backpack or carry-on per guest (not exceeding 50cm in height). Please leave big luggage pieces at your hotel.
- For private vehicles with bigger pieces of luggage, please contact us at +971 4 440 9827 for more information.
- Enjoy a restful sleep with no sounds or lights to interrupt as the camp's power gets switched off from 11:00 PM - 06:00 AM.
- Your room is equipped with a bed and comfortable bedding.
- Ensure to wear clothes appropriate for the weather as there are no air-conditioning or heaters in the overnight rooms.
- There are shared bathroom facilities, however no showers on-site.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
Safari In Style With Education
Second time doing the safari and still awesome! Great food, wonderful cars and amazing shows! Tato was our tour guide and he could answer any question with great knowledge and always made us smile, by his very pleasant argentinian way!
Everything was beyond expectation. I went by myself and I had the best time ever. Ben picked me up from my hotel and throughout the drive he was very entertaining and knowledgeable about his surrounding. I can tell that he's very passionate about his work. Hajaj Kept everyone laughing and entertain throughout the desert tour. Hajaj was also my personal picture taker LOL. The entire staff was extremely accommodating, pleasants and overall amazing. I will definitely book another tour when I return to Dubai...Thank you for an amazing time : )
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.