An immersive morning combining spectacular demonstrations of falcons, hawks and owls, followed by a traditional Emirati breakfast in a Bedouin camp and a wildlife drive in vintage Land Rovers, this is a cultural journey into the past like no other!
As an integral part of desert life in Arabia, falconry dates back more than 2,000 years and is extremely important to the heritage of Dubai. This is a unique experience to witness a world-class falcon show and learn about the ancient techniques and traditions of what makes falconry so significant in Emirati culture. Take part in an interactive birds of prey demonstration where you will get a chance to fly Harris hawks to your glove and partake in other impressive aerial tricks. Meet Desert eagle owls as they fly form the perch to you and fall in love with the cute Barn owls.
Afterwards, discover the local flavours and enjoy a traditional Emirati breakfast in an authentic Bedouin camp set in the heart of the Dubai desert. Enjoy a short camel ride around the camp and then embark on an adventurous wildlife drive in private vintage Land Rovers through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Spot native animals like Arabian oryx and gazelles and learn about local flora like the fire bush and miswak, and how these were used traditionally for the survival of the desert nomads, Bedouin.
- Private pick up in an air-conditioned vehicle between 5:30am and 7:00am.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- 75-minute spectacular falcon show with demonstrations of traditional training techniques and an interactive demonstration with birds of prey like hawks, desert eagle owls and barn owls.
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a private open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Traditional breakfast in an authentic Bedouin camp: View Menu
- Enjoy a short camel ride around the camp.
- Return to the hotel between 10:30am and 11:30am.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- Starts in the morning and last for about 5 hours.
- Includes hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared air-conditioned vehicle.
- The pickup time is between 6:00am and 7:30am depending on the season/sunset. You will return to the hotel between 10:30am and 11:30am.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes. We recommend that you bring something warm for first thing in the morning as the desert can be cold.
- Includes a traditional Emirati breakfast: foul, regag (Arabic bread), chabaab (pancakes), fruit platters and water, juice, tea and coffee. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated.
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by a highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from private residences is available.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 6:00pm on the day before the Desert Safari.
- So that you never feel overcrowded, we restrict numbers to 20 guests on this experience. Sometimes we might have two shows who will join in one camp for breakfast.
- We require a minimum of 12 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Some vehicles can accommodate a maximum of 10 guests.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards