Spend the night in the heart of the Dubai desert on this Overnight Desert Safari. This immersive camping safari ticks all the boxes and takes you back in time to experience Dubai as it was before the city was born, in the desert and under the stars.
Start your adventure by exploring the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve on a wildlife drive in 1950’s vintage Land Rovers and spot wildlife like Arabian oryx and gazelles. Along the way, your Conservation Guide will share insights about the desert and all its inhabitants.
Watch an entertaining falcon show and see how these agile birds fly to lures. Take in the stunning views of the Arabian sun setting over the golden sand dunes and enjoy a glass of sparkling date juice while the professional falconer presents the magnificent falcon to soar the skies. Learn about the cultural significance of falconry in Dubai and get great photo opportunities in the magical desert setting.
Arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp to enjoy an unforgettable evening immersed in cultural activities like Arabic coffee and bread making demonstrations, camel rides, henna painting, a traditional Yola dance and Arabic drumming. After the 4-course dinner, sit back and relax in the traditional Majilis or around the bonfire under the starry sky with top-quality shisha and the company of fellow travellers.
Retire to your overnight room, a traditional Arabic stone dwelling complete with bedding. Wake to the stillness of the fresh desert in the morning to a gourmet breakfast of hand cut salmon, Eggs Benedict, fruit platters and more. For the more adventurous, experience a Hot Air Balloon flight over the desert at sunrise.
This Overnight Desert Safari offers a full experience of the desert, the fascinating cultural heritage of Dubai and lets you enjoy the Dubai desert at night!
- Private pick up from Dubai between 2:30 – 4:30 PM (as groups can have customized pickup locations)
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show with sparkling date juice.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained by traditional Henna tattoos, live bread making, Arabic coffee making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. Download Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola.
- Relax in the majilis or sit by the atmospheric bonfire.
- Retire to your sleeping arrangement inside the camp
- Breakfast includes smoked salmon, cold meats, eggs, caviar, fruit, bread, tea & coffee and more- Download Menu
- Return to Dubai 9:30 – 11:30 (flexible)
- A 400AED fee is applicable to single occupancy rooms.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended to pregnant Guests within their third trimester.
- The camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides please see our Camel Desert Safari.
- The camp is operated in solar power and therefore the lights are switched off when the last Guest goes to sleep. Every guest is given a flashlight.
- Operates Daily, 365 days a year.
- From afternoon until approximately 10:00am the next day
- Includes private pick up from Dubai.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick up time. You will return to the Hotel between 09:00am and 10.00am.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each Guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes. When staying overnight we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu
- Breakfast includes smoked salmon, cold meats, eggs, caviar, fruit, bread, tea & coffee and more. Download Menu
- Arabic stone rooms and bedding (mattress, sheets, blankets and pillows) are included.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the UAE.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.