Go on a private Night Desert Safari in Dubai like no other in a vintage 1950’s Land Rover with a professional Conservation Guide and Astronomer.
After the sun has dropped and the temperature cools, see the nocturnal animals come to life. Explore the desert at night on a wildlife drive through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and look for native wildlife like Arabian gazelles with torches. If you’re lucky, you may even spot the rare desert fox or the enchanting Desert eagle owl! Stop along the way to go on a nature walk with UV arachnid lights in search of the small desert creatures like scorpions, beetles and lizards.
Enjoy the tranquillity and coolness of the desert at night in contrast to the hot noisy city. Take in the fresh desert air and be amazed by the blanket of stars above you. Arrive at an authentic open-air Bedouin camp to spend the evening relaxing in Arabic Majlis with top-quality shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you like. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner with a choice of main dishes like grilled salmon and prawns, Australian filet steak and vegetable moussaka.
Go on a celestial voyage in a professional Astronomy session and learn about the stars of Arabia. Revel in the magic of star gazing as your private Astronomer recalls the early history of Astronomy and the impressive legacy of how the Bedouin relied on the stars for storytelling and navigation. Learn a few tips about Astrophotography and enjoy spectacular telescope views of mesmerising night sky objects including the mighty planet Jupiter and its four Galilean Moons, distant galaxies and star-forming nebula.
This exclusive Night Desert Safari and cosmic journey takes place in the heart of a private Royal desert retreat!
- Private pick up from Dubai between 5:00 – 6:30 PM (as groups can have customized pickup locations)
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover spotting nocturnal wildlife.
- Walk through the dunes by torchlight on a hunt for scorpions and other desert creepy crawlies.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Enjoy a 3-course dinner at an exclusive camp inside the desert retreat of the local Royal family.
- Astronomy session with professional Astronomer and telescope.
- Return to Dubai 10:00 – 11:30 (flexible)
- Operates Daily, 365 days a year.
- Includes private pick up from Dubai.
- The pickup time is between 5.00pm and 6:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick up time. You will return to the Hotel between 10:30pm and 11.30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each Guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- Long pants and closed shoes are highly recommended. We also recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes lentil soup, fattoush salad. Choose between Australian Angus steak, vegetarian moussaka or grilled chicken. View Menu
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the UAE.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended to pregnant Guests within their third trimester.