Experience the most awarded Desert Safari in Dubai. Take a step back in time and experience Dubai as it was in the 1950s on an adventure in the Dubai desert with a professional Conservation Guide.
Unlike any other Dubai Desert Safari, we will take you on a fascinating wildlife drive in 1950’s vintage Land Rovers. As the first motorised vehicles used in the Dubai desert, these Series 1 and 2 Land Rovers have become symbolic of Dubai’s heritage and venturing to unexplored territories.
Spot native wildlife like Arabian oryx in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and stop at a Ghaf tree forest in the dunes for the most spectacular photo opportunities in the desert. Learn about the unique desert ecosystem and discover how the Bedouin survived in the desert in harmony with the desert animals and plant life.
Witness a spectacular falcon show led by a professional Falconer and watch these magnificent birds in full flight. Learn about ancient training techniques and how the Bedouin used falcons for hunting. Watch the Arabian sun setting as the backdrop over the sand dunes with a glass of sparkling date juice.
Afterwards, arrive at an authentic Bedouin camp, gently lit with traditional lamps and nestled inside a private desert retreat. Discover the rich culture and traditions of Dubai’s heritage with live demonstrations of Arabic coffee and bread making, henna painting, camel rides and traditional performances. Feast on a 4-course dinner under the stars, afterwards relax in our Arabic Majilis area and try some shisha (hubbly bubbly) if you desire.
History comes to life in this once-in-a-lifetime Desert Safari in Dubai!
- Private pick up from Dubai
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show with sparkling date juice.
- Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained by traditional Henna tattoos, live bread making, Arabic coffee making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. Download Menu
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola
- Return to Dubai 9:30 – 11:30 (flexible as per the customized timings).
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show with sparkling date juice and canapes
- Operates Daily, 365 days a year.
- From afternoon into evening around 7 hours.
- Includes private pick up from Dubai.
- The pickup time is between 2:30pm and 4:30pm depending on the season/sunset. We will notify you that morning of the exact pick up time. You will return to the Hotel between 09:30pm and 11.30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each Guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on as the temperature drops considerably after sunset.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert. View Menu
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai and the UAE.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We require a minimum of 3 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended to pregnant Guests within their third trimester.
- The Camel ride is at our camp after dark. For the safety of the camels and our guests, these are short rides in a lit area. For longer camel rides, please see our Camel Desert Safari.