Conservation Drive & Breakfast at Al Maha
A gentle morning desert drive and an indulgent lavish breakfastCombining conservation, luxury and adventure in one unforgettable morning. Learn more about the preservation of the beautiful Dubai Desert and its fauna and flora. Explore the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a luxurious Range Rover while your professional Conservation Guide introduces you to the fascinating desert ecosystem and spot native wildlife.
After visiting a beautiful migratory bird lake, you will arrive at the world-renowned Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa for a delicious gourmet breakfast overlooking the beautiful dunes and wildlife. Due to the air-conditioned nature of the experience, it's perfect to book all year round.
- Get picked up in a Range Rover from Dubai hotels between 07:00 AM and 07:30 AM. We will communicate the exact pick-up time the afternoon before your departure.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve and put on your Headscarf (Ghutra or Sheila). These are included in each booking and are a gift for our guests to take home.
- Take unique pictures with a fleet of vintage Land Rovers.
- Embark on a nature drive in a luxurious Range Rover through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve while learning about the fauna, flora and conservation.
- Visit a remote lake, which is also a bird sanctuary.
- Arrive at the world-renowned Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa.
- Indulge in a gourmet breakfast on a deck overlooking the desert dunes and wildlife.
- Return to your hotel between 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM. Your total experience will last approximately five hours.
- A portion of your desert safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- Pick-up from Dubai is included and will be in a shared, air-conditioned Range Rover (unless booked otherwise).
- As the desert can get quite warm, we suggest bringing a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and cool, comfortable clothes. For desert safaris in the winter, we recommend bringing something warm to wear.
- Not suitable for children as Al Maha does not permit children under ten into the resort. If you would still like to do the Conservation Drive with a child under ten, we can offer an alternative.
- Bookings need to be made at least 13 hours in advance when booking online. For short-term bookings, don't hesitate to get in touch with our reservations team at +971 4 440 9827
- Breakfast consists of a lavish buffet and includes juice, tea and coffee. Please inform us of any dietary requirements when booking so we can inform Al Maha.
- Bathroom facilities are available at the gate and Al Maha
- Each vehicle can accommodate a maximum of four guests.
Awarded For Six Consecutive Years
Plenty of 5-star TripAdvisor reviews have earned Platinum Heritage the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence and Traveller's Choice Awards, rewarding exclsuively the top 10% attractions worldwide. Find out what our guests say about us.
Fantastic Desert Experience!
Our guide Anzor picked us up right on time at the hotel and told us about the desert with the eye and passion of a true conservationist. We stopped to see the camel racing place and saw interesting animals in the desert. We loved jumping out of the Land Rover to really feel the desert and the heat! Breakfast at the Al Maha Resort was top notch and the staff so warm and welcoming. So nice to get out of the city and learn about the area surrounding Dubai. Highly recommend and bravo to Anzor!
Luxurious Way To See The Desert
We booked with Platinum Heritage for the reviews and exclusive private tour of the desert and breakfast in a breath taking hotel. It really is a lovely relaxing way to see the desert. A drive to the desert with the opportunity to put on traditional head scarf, photo opportunity and then your off to spot wildlife! Throughout the vast desert, keep your eyes peeled for different animals. Plenty of Onyx which are beautiful to see in the wild. We loved that we got to stop off throughout the tour to walk through the dunes and feel the sand between our toes. The breakfast is the hotel was lovely, fresh and good choice of foods to eat. You don’t feel rushed at all and enjoy the surroundings. Special shout out to Saeed who was our tour guide for the day. You taught us so much about the UAE, the desert, the wildlife and traditions. We especially loved all the facts about Camel Racing! Highly recommend to anyone!
Download Our Brochure
Hero Experiences Group Brochure
Browse through our range of desert safaris, as well as experiences from our partners like hot air balloon flights with Balloon Adventures Dubai and self-drive boat tours with HERO OdySea. Be spoilt for choice and plan your next adventure with this easy-to-navigate brochure.
PLAN YOUR TRIP TO DUBAI
THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI
A perfectly summarised e-book filled made to inspire the ideal Dubai itinerary covering all air, sea and land activities. Made to suit all travel styles, budgets ages and preferences.
DUBAI ETIQUETTE GUIDE
It can be daunting to visit a new country, especially one filled with so much diversity and culture. This all-encompassing guide covers everything to make a Dubai trip comfortable and memorable.