Embark on a Conservation adventure in luxury Range Rovers through the largest National Park in the UAE, the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve which is dedicated to preserving the unique and beautiful desert habitat and the hundreds of fascinating flora and fauna species it hosts.
Your professional Conservation Guide will introduce you to the fascinating desert eco-system and help you spot magnificent native animals like Arabian oryx. The desert is teeming with life and this is an opportunity to immerse yourself in Dubai’s unique natural surroundings. Hear conservation success stories about the Arabian oryx and view other wildlife like gazelles, desert monitors, abundant birdlife, and maybe even the rare Gordons wildcat. Visit a desert lake, view migratory birds from the hides, and get great photo opportunities in this beautiful desert setting.
Arrive at a luxury resort hidden in the heart of the nature reserve, the famous Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast with spectacular views from the deck, overlooking the beautiful desert setting.
This Desert Safari is definitely for those that like a little bit of luxury and have a passion for nature and conservation.
- Pick up in a Ranger Rover from Dubai hotels between 7:00 am-7:30 am.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf). There are photo opportunities with the fleet of vintage Land Rovers.
- Wildlife drives through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in a luxurious Range Rover.
- Visit an exclusive Royal lake that is also a bird sanctuary.
- Arrive at the famous Al Maha Resort for a full gourmet breakfast with buffet and a-la-carte options.
- Return to the hotel between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- Please note due to current Covid regulations set by the UAE government that certain activities within the itinerary may not be available.
- The pickup time is between 7:00 am-7:30 am returning 11:30 am-12:30 pm.
- Since the vehicle and Al Maha Resort both have air-conditioned, this Desert Safari is suitable all year round, including summer.
- Every guest receives a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream, and comfortable cool clothes.
- Breakfast includes juice, tea, coffee, a buffet, and a-la-carte breakfast choice.
- Bathrooms facilities are available on arrival in the desert
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by a highly trained Conservation Guide with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history, and natural environment of Dubai and the United Arab Emirates.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Hotel pick-up from the urban Dubai area is in a Range Rover. Unless privately booked, it may be shared.
- The vehicle can accommodate a maximum of 4 guests.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only (the system will show 4 guests due to allocation purposes).
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
- A confirmation with a precise pickup time will be sent to your email or phone before 6:00 pm on the day before the Desert Safari.
- Bathroom facilities available throughout the tour.
- Not suitable for children as Al Maha does not permit children under 10 into the resort. If you would still like to do the Conservation Drive with a child under the age of 10 years old, then we can offer a gourmet breakfast in an exclusive camp inside a Royal desert retreat. For private car bookings, please contact customer support.
- We require a minimum of 12 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards