Experience life as a Bedouin nomad, learning how to survive in Dubai’s unforgiving desert. See how these hardy and resourceful people herded, hunted, camped, and thrived in the ultimate cultural safari.
Your journey starts in the morning, as you’re driven out to the Dubai desert in an air-conditioned classic Land Rover Defender. Once you have reached our private desert property, you will start your cultural journey by riding a camel, also traditionally called “ship of the desert”, until you arrive at your destination: a nomadic Bedouin camp, presenting a glimpse into authentic Bedouin life.
You’ll be greeted in traditional fashion, with rose water, Arabic coffee, and dates. Explore the village, constructed of traditional woven goat hair, wood, and stones; a tribute to the resourcefulness of the nomadic people. You’ll have the chance to meet and chat with Bedouin storytellers, pet farm animals, get up close with the Arabian hunting dogs called Saluki’s and learn about Bedouin-style hunting, and how the combination of falconry and Saluki dogs became their main means of hunting. You will also be able to watch the world’s fastest animal in flight in a spectacular falconry presentation.
Our Guides will explain how to prepare your own traditional Arabic breakfast while enjoying the traditional dances performed by young local Bedouin.
See how Land Rovers, first introduced in 1948, transformed Bedouins life, as they could finally trade, explore and survey the vast desert areas with ease. Climb aboard a vintage Land Rover into the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve for a short wildlife safari, stopping and seeing how the native flora and fauna were used for survival. Extend your wildlife drive in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve if you wish to, or head over to the iconic Love Lakes in your Classic Land Rover Defender to end the morning walking around one of the most instagrammable places in Dubai.
- Pick up and drop off from Dubai hotels in 4x4s between 6:00am and 6:30am.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf).
- Embark on a traditional camel caravan across the sand dunes (15 minutes).
- Receive a Bedouin welcome at an authentic Bedouin village.
- Explore the traditional village with Bedouin tents, cooking stations, farm animals and learn about Bedouin life.
- Watch a Bedouin falcon show with Saluki dogs.
- Watch the preparation of a typical Bedouin breakfast at live cooking stations and enjoy a series of local dishes.
- Spend time with local Bedouin, listen to their stories passed down through the generations and take part in a traditional performance.
- Return to the Hotel between 11:30pm and 12:30pm (depends on the season/sunrise).
- From the morning to noon for around 6 hours.
- Includes Hotel pick-up from urban Dubai area, in a shared 4×4 vehicle.
- This is a rustic and culturally immersive experience. It is for the adventurers looking for a hands-on experience and glimpse into Bedouin life in the desert.
- The pickup time is between 6:00am and 6:30am depending on the season/sunrise. We will notify you the evening before of the exact pick-up time. You will return to the Hotel between 11:30pm and 12:30pm.
- Every booking receives an Adventure Pack including a souvenir bag, refillable stainless-steel water bottle for each guest to keep and a Sheila/Ghutra headscarf to wear and take home.
- As it is warm in the Dubai desert, we recommend (especially during summer) that you wear a hat, sunglasses, sun cream and comfortable cool clothes. During winter (December- February) we recommend that you bring something warm to put on.
- Breakfast Menu is traditional. We also provide vegetarian and vegan meal options. Please inform us when booking so we can make sure you are accommodated. View our Menu here
- Bathrooms facilities are available in the desert and at the camp.
- Your Desert Safari is conducted by highly trained Conservation Guides with extensive knowledge of ecotourism, cultural heritage, history and natural environment of Dubai.
- A portion of your Desert Safari fee is contributed towards local conservation in Dubai.
- We don’t pick up guests from private residences in Dubai unless you have booked a private car. If you are staying at a private residence, we can pick you up from the nearest hotel.
- Children over 5 years old and under 12 years old will be accepted at the child rate.
- A private car booking is required if travelling with children under 5 years old.
- We require a minimum of 13 hours in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly to inquire about short-term bookings.
- Due to health concerns, the wildlife drive is not recommended for pregnant guests within their third trimester.
- Maximum of 2 people per camel. You will travel in a traditional camel caravan with the camel handler holding the lead camel.
- For a private car booking, please select the number of vehicles only.
- A confirmation with a precise pick-up time will be sent to your email or phone before 6:00pm the day before the tour
Desert Safari Highlights
SAFE TRAVEL DUBAI
The safety and wellbeing of our guests and staff has always been our priority. As a responsible tourism company, our robust health and safety protocols are in line with the highest global standards. Our protocols are approved by the World Travel and Tourism Council's Safe Travels global regulations which ensures safe and secure experiences for travellers. The protocols take into account current WHO and CDC guidelines and will be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.VIEW OUR PROTOCOLS
Tripadvisor hall of fame 2019
After receiving a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year of operation (2012-2019), we were added to the 2018 and 2019 TripAdvisor Hall of Fame. Based on guest reviews, these accolades are a remarkable vote of confidence to our Desert Safaris and to our continued commitment to excellence.View all our awards